Know about Foods with Probiotics
Probiotics are live microorganisms that can be consumed through fermented foods or supplements.
Our diet plays a big role in the composition, development and maintenance of the gut microbiota from our earliest
years. Breastfed babies are richer in lactic bacteria and bifidobacteria than that of babies fed on formula. Good
flora is characterised by both its bacteria diversity and quantity. So, what are the foods rich in probiotics?*
Probiotics promote a healthy balance of gut bacteria and have been linked to a wide range of health benefits. From weight loss to digestive health, probiotics can influence our overall health and wellness. Listed below are a few other benefits of probiotic food.
- Probiotics help balance the friendly bacteria in our digestive system.
- Probiotic food improves some mental health disorders. For instance, consuming 100 grams of probiotic yogurt per day
can benefit general health, depression, anxiety and stress.
- It may reduce the severity of certain allergies and eczema.
- Probiotic food may give your immune system a boost and hinder the growth of harmful gut bacteria.
- Probiotic food is known for its ability to prevent diarrhoea or reduce its severity.
There are many probiotic supplements available in the market.
Here are a few examples of probiotic foods.
- Idlis & dosas
- Soy milk
- Dark chocolate
Source: * https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/best-probiotic-foods-to-strengthen-your-immune-system/#gref